Throughout his 30-year career, Joe Merlino has worked with businesses that have required significant shifts in their approach to sales and business development in order to compete.
With an emphasis on sales process to unify effort, best practices to direct behavior, and coaching to develop skill, Joe has positioned companies to establish or regain leadership positions, counter increases in competition, introduce new products and services, penetrate new markets, develop strategic partnerships and revive channels of distribution that create consistent and predictable business growth.
Having worked in executive roles in highly competitive markets, Joe brings a VP of Sales mindset to every client engagement. He has gained a reputation as a superior sales strategist and hands-on facilitator of individual, departmental and enterprise turnaround initiatives.
Employers and clients have come to appreciate his ability to deliver the following:
• Overcome the challenges associated with highly competitive price-driven markets.
• Transform reactive, commodity-based sales teams into proactive, consultative sales professionals.
• Identify critical value-added benefits that are overlooked by the businesses with whom he works.
• Build business growth strategies and methods of engagement based on that value.
• Deliver client and personnel specific solutions that emphasize real-world, results-driven outcomes.
Passionate about changing the way people do business, Joe has been consulting and coaching small, medium and enterprise level businesses since 2005.
• Creating Mission-Minded and Performance-Driven Business Cultures
• Fully-Integrated Change Management Implementations
• Sales Leadership
• Value Identification and Articulation
• Value-Based Relationship Development
• Motivation-Based Methods of Inquiry
• Proactive Engagement and Outreach
• Strategic Planning
• Strategic Sales Management
• Strategic Account Management
• Channel Sales and Partner Development
• Small, Medium and Complex Enterprise-Level Sales
• Servant Leadership
• Staff Skill Assessment and Development
• Process and Best Practices Assessment, Design and Implementation
• Continual Process Improvement and Reflective Practice
• New Hire Candidate Selection and On-boarding
• Non-Medical Home Care
• Technology & Software Development
• Professional Services
• Commercial, Packaging & Digital Printing
Leadership and the Person Centered Approach: Understanding the Underlying Motivations That Promote Cooperation
“My team of partners and senior managers worked with Joe to develop effective business development skills. Joe not only took the time to understand my goals as managing partner, but also the individual goals and needs of each member of the group. Realizing the personalities and professional disposition of our group as accounting professionals, Joe tailored his use of terminology, method of delivery and application directly to our industry and client base. Joe took the time to review our current processes, systems and training programs so that we would benefit by fully integrating his approach with our existing company policy and practice, and in some cases making our prior practicing easier and more productive.”