Throughout his 30-year career Joe Merlino has worked with businesses that have required significant shifts in their approach to sales and business development in order to compete.
With an emphasis on sales process to unify effort, best practices to direct behavior, and coaching to develop skill, Joe has positioned companies to establish or regain leadership positions, counter increases in competition, introduce new products and services, penetrate new markets, develop strategic partnerships and revive channels of distribution that create consistent and predictable business growth.
Having worked in executive roles in highly competitive markets, Joe brings a VP of Sales mindset to every client engagement. He has gained a reputation as a superior strategist and hands-on facilitator of individual, departmental and enterprise growth and turnaround initiatives.
Employers and clients have come to appreciate his ability to:
• Overcome the challenges associated with highly competitive price-driven markets.
• Identify the unique value-added benefits that are often overlooked by members of your staff.
• Implement value-added client acquisition and retention growth strategies.
• Transform reactive, commodity-based sales teams into proactive, consultative sales professionals.
• Deliver client and staff specific solutions that emphasize real-world, results-driven outcomes.
Core Application Areas:
• Direct-to-Consumer & B2B Sales
• Small, Mid-Market & Enterprise Sales
• Non-Profit Fundraising
• Channel Sales & Partner Development
• Executive, Management & Staff Level Coaching
• Market Position Improvement
• Value Creation
• Value-Based Selling
• Value-Based Relationship Development
• Strategic Planning & Account Management
• Fully-Integrated Cross-Functional Implementations
• Mission Integration
• Person-Centered Engagement
• Motivation-Based Inquiry
• Servant Leadership
• Mission-Driven Commercial Business
• Non-Profit Institutions & NGOs
• Healthcare & Integrated Delivery
• Home Care
• Technology & Software Development
• Professional Services
Leadership and the Person Centered Approach: Understanding the Underlying Motivations That Promote Cooperation
“Joe has an amazing grasp of the sales process, the complex dynamic that it often entails, and most importantly, he knows how to help you create powerful systems in order to manage client relationships. Joe is sensitive, a good listener, and has a wealth of experience. I would highly recommend him as a consultative partner and coach for any organization or individual.”