Throughout his 30-year career Joe Merlino has worked with businesses that have required significant shifts in their approach to sales and business development in order to compete.
With an emphasis on sales process to unify effort, best practices to direct behavior, and coaching to develop skill, Joe has positioned companies to establish or regain leadership positions, counter increases in competition, introduce new products and services, penetrate new markets, develop strategic partnerships and revive channels of distribution that create consistent and predictable business growth.
Having worked in executive roles in highly competitive markets, Joe brings a VP of Sales mindset to every client engagement. He has gained a reputation as a superior strategist and hands-on facilitator of individual, departmental and enterprise growth and turnaround initiatives.
Employers and clients have come to appreciate his ability to:
• Overcome the challenges associated with highly competitive price-driven markets.
• Transform reactive, commodity-based sales teams into proactive, consultative sales professionals.
• Identify the unique value-added benefits that are often overlooked by members of your own staff.
• Implement value-added growth strategies and proactive methods of engagement.
• Deliver client and staff specific solutions that emphasize real-world, results-driven outcomes.
Passionate about changing the way people do business, Joe has been consulting and coaching small, medium and enterprise level businesses since 2005.
• Mission Integration
• Sales Leadership
• Value Identification & Narrative Development
• Value Articulation
• Value-Based Relationship Development
• Direct to Consumer & Partner Development
• Strategic Account Management
• Small, Medium & Enterprise-Level Growth Strategies
• Servant Leadership
• Building Cultures of Advocacy
• Person-Centered Engagement
• Skillful Guided Discovery & Motivation-Based Inquiry
• Proactive Client Engagement
• Client & Employee Satisfaction & Loyalty
• Change Management
• Organizational Process & Best Practices Assessment
• Process and Best Practices Design & Implementation
• Staff Skill Assessment & Development
• Continual Process Improvement & Reflective Practice
• Talent Selection & On-boarding
• Non-Profit Fundraising
• Home Care
• Technology & Software Development
• Accounting, Financial & Other Professional Services
• Commercial, Packaging & Digital Printing
Leadership and the Person Centered Approach: Understanding the Underlying Motivations That Promote Cooperation
“Joe has an amazing grasp of the sales process, the complex dynamic that it often entails, and most importantly, he knows how to help you create powerful systems in order to manage client relationships. Joe is sensitive, a good listener, and has a wealth of experience. I would highly recommend him as a consultative partner and coach for any organization or individual.”