Throughout his 30-year career, Joe Merlino has worked with businesses that have required significant shifts in their approach to sales and business development in order to compete.
With an emphasis on sales process to unify effort, best practices to direct behavior, and coaching to develop skill, Joe has positioned companies to establish or regain leadership positions, counter increases in competition, introduce new products and services, penetrate new markets, develop strategic partnerships and revive channels of distribution that create consistent and predictable business growth.
Having worked in executive roles in highly competitive markets, Joe brings a VP of Sales mindset to every client engagement. He has gained a reputation as a superior sales strategist and hands-on facilitator of individual, departmental and enterprise turnaround initiatives.
Employers and clients have come to appreciate his ability to:
• Overcome the challenges associated with highly competitive price-driven markets.
• Transform reactive, commodity-based sales teams into proactive, consultative sales professionals.
• Identify the unique value-added benefits that are often overlooked by members of your own staff.
• Build business growth strategies and methods of engagement based on that value.
• Deliver client and personnel specific solutions that emphasize real-world, results-driven outcomes.
Passionate about changing the way people do business, Joe has been consulting and coaching small, medium and enterprise level businesses since 2005.
• Creating Mission-Minded and Performance-Driven Business Cultures
• Fully-Integrated Change Management Implementations
• Sales Leadership
• Value Identification and Narrative Development
• Value Articulation
• Value-Based Relationship Development
• Motivation-Based Methods of Inquiry
• Strategic Planning
• Strategic Sales Management
• Strategic Account Management
• Channel Sales and Partner Development
• Proactive Client Engagement and Customer Satisfaction
• Small, Medium and Complex Enterprise-Level Sales
• Servant Leadership
• Process and Best Practices Assessment, Design and Implementation
• Continual Process Improvement and Reflective Practice
• Staff Skill Assessment and Development
• Talent Selection and On-boarding
• Non-Profit Fundraising
• Non-Medical Home Care
• Technology & Software Development
• Accounting, Financial and Other Professional Services
• Commercial, Packaging & Digital Printing
Leadership and the Person Centered Approach: Understanding the Underlying Motivations That Promote Cooperation
“Joe has an amazing grasp of the sales process, the complex dynamic that it often entails, and most importantly, he knows how to help you create powerful systems in order to manage client relationships. Joe is sensitive, a good listener, and has a wealth of experience. I would highly recommend him as a consultative partner and coach for any organization or individual.”